In my apartment sits a big Dracaena plant. I bought it because like me it likes to be indoors and can flourish there. However, what I thought was a low maintenance plant became a bit of a task. Its leaves began to fall and it looked extremely sad. One day while cleaning the kitchen I opened my junk drawer and found the instructions on how to care for Fred (Thats the name I decided to give him because I’m a girl named Tiffany who loves the movie Breakfast At Tiffany’s, ground breaking I know.)
So how was I supposed to care for Fred? Fred needs to be watered throughly, but not over watered. He needs some sunlight every now and then, but too much isn’t going to work for him. They say music makes them happy so I filled the apartment with my favorite soulful tunes. (He likes Sabrina Claudio and SZA) I realized that me and Fred aren’t that different after all. Much like Fred my exterior was starting to reflect the things that were going on inside me so I asked myself, what do I need?
2017 was a crazy year for me. It was filled with ups and downs, but I am grateful for every moment because its all part of preparing me to blossom into the women I am meant to become. Before the new year I began bullet journaling and I drafted up a list of healthy habits I wanted to adopt in the new year. I am a creative person so taking on bullet journaling has been extremely therapeutic for me. Here are the daily healthy habits I would like to adopt in 2018:
- Wake up at 5:00am..or 5:30am
- Start the morning with prayer
- Meditate at least 10 minutes every morning
- Have a hot water with lemon
- Take some time to review the bullet journal and prioritize the day.
- Work out for an hour
- Eat Breakfast!
- Take your vitamins
- Drink at least a liter of water a day
- Instead of waiting until you are extremely hungry eat 6 small meals a day.
- Eat vegan. I gave into temptation last year but this year I want to feed my body with nourishing goodness.
- Practice self care in the morning with a relaxing shower (lets get real, anyone who suffers from depression and anxiety knows that sometimes this just doesn’t go down as planned)
- Moisturize with my favorite oils after a shower. Sweet Almond is my favorite.
- Take 5 minutes for a scalp massage. I just recently had to cut my hair so I am on a journey to getting my bob back. (we’ll take about this as soon as I’m ready to share)
- Get to bed by 10PM
- Journal for 30 minutes a day
- Read for at least 30 minutes a day
- Empty that email inbox
- Have designated no spend days to save for all the amazing adventures I have planned for the year
- Instagram at least once a day
- Take a moment to reflect on the day
What healthy habits do you want to adopt this year?